YouTubery Greatness With A Musical Theme By Jamie Burchell
Firstly, an apology to Daniel for waking him up on his day off at 8:10am. I feel exonerated by the fact that my day begins at 5:30am at the moment, as young Milo Ferris has decided that it's party time when the sun breaks. He might grow up to be a druid.
Sleeping much better this week are previous STA blog starlets Danananananananakroyd - who after a single stealthy post on DiS find themselves at the centre of a mini-major bidding war. Canny and well deserved. This year's festival hit I feel.
Onto today's post. My mate Neal is officially the most tangential person I know; I always take my notebook with me everytime we go out drinking as he is generally good for song titles 'We Need To Effect A Change' being a good case in point. The picture was taken at AD3 - where he worked the stage with Birdlegs & Cundall. Cheap labour (read 'free') that's the STA way. Isn't it Daniel? erm... yeah.
As well as being a valued STA volunteer he's also addicted to YouTube (he's a recovering WOW addict you see, one replaces the other) - it's a wonderful archivist fascination, fueled by half-remembered childhood VHS duplication and encyclopedic retention for musical detail. He and Simon Sweeping could go head to head in 'Indie Mastermind' (now there's a TV programme that should never be made.)
Here are some notes from our last session - our drinking was proceeded by my falling 'into' the road at Blackheath Common and almost getting run over by an oncoming Mini Metro. Just Say No! Kids.
- *WARNING 10 MINUTE JAZZ/ROCK/FUSION ODYSSEY* John McLaughlin gets full of eastern promise, recruits the finest jazz/fusion/wank session players of the time and creates the Mahavishnu Orchestra, sowing the seed for math rock and The Mars Volta in the process.
- In the game "World of Warcraft", typing /dance will allow your chosen character to perform a dance. This is a video that some nut made showing the inspiration behind each shindig. Suffice to say, the female night elf doing the French pop song dance is regularly used to beg for gold from male characters.
- Reason number 3 (see Bonnie and Beefheart above) for buying the Old Grey Whistle Test 4 DVD set immediately.
We've got loads of other Favourites on the STA YouTube Channel. Mr. Burchell is often good for turning up the funk gold. There's a great Chaka Kahn clip on there at the moment.
- STA All Dayer #6 July 2, 2015
- Total Guitar Feature Axis Of June 19, 2015
- Blacklisters to Release First Song June 18, 2015
- Brum Notes Review a "mad" Blacklisters June 18, 2015
- Die! Die! Die! Announce European Tour Dates June 17, 2015
- 4 Or 5 Magicians
- Alan MX
- An Emergency
- And So I Watch You From Afar
- Axis Of
- Burning Alms
- Clone Quartet
- Crooked Mountain, Crooked Sea
- Die! Die! Die!
- Fickle Public
- Fighting With Wire
- Hooray For Humans
- Jetplane Landing
- Let Our Enemies Beware
- Little Bear
- The Moi Non Plus
- More Than Conquerors
- Negative Pegasus
- Our Krypton Son
- Public Service Broadcast
- Sullivan And Gold
- This Town Needs Guns
- USA Nails
- Various Artists
- We Versus The Shark
- The Young Playthings