Rhythm & Drummer Magazine Review Who Invented Love?
Nowadays the term 'indie' is so broad that it can mean anybody from Keane, Snow Patrol and The Killers or indeed Dizzee Rascal, right through to the more representative of its genre, such as The Delgados or Low. It tends to be the mother of all pigeon holes for any kind of music that purports to be slightly intelligent and not r'nb, metal or country. Or funk-rock.
But back in the 80's when the whole ethos of Indie was kicking off, to be part of the clan you had to adhere to two hard and fast rules:
1) Your records had to be distributed by an independent (there's a clue there) distributor.
2) You had to be a white, male student with a fringe and spots who hadn't had much experience sexually.
Well, The Young Playthings from Kent take you back to the glory days of Indie Proper. They jangle, they've got sharp, funny lyrics, they've got infectious hooks, and they met at University. Bingo. First tune is a cracker - have a listen. Well done boys.
- Math Priest, Rhythm and Drummer
- Across The Line Reviews Axis Of "Wetsuit" December 16, 2014
- Creative Voice NI Features Sullivan And Gold December 16, 2014
- Axis Of Announce UK Tour Dates December 15, 2014
- Keep It Fast Review USA Nails 'Sonic Moist' December 11, 2014
- Die! Die! Die! Release New Video "Angel" December 4, 2014
- 4 Or 5 Magicians
- Alan MX
- An Emergency
- And So I Watch You From Afar
- Axis Of
- Burning Alms
- Clone Quartet
- Crooked Mountain, Crooked Sea
- Die! Die! Die!
- Fickle Public
- Fighting With Wire
- Hooray For Humans
- Jetplane Landing
- Let Our Enemies Beware
- Little Bear
- The Moi Non Plus
- More Than Conquerors
- Negative Pegasus
- Our Krypton Son
- Public Service Broadcast
- Sullivan And Gold
- This Town Needs Guns
- USA Nails
- Various Artists
- We Versus The Shark
- The Young Playthings