Collective Zine Review 'Looming' By Negative Pegasus
Is this the label ran by that band Jetplane Landing? Wikipedia says yes.
Negative Pegasus are at that point when Ex Models stopped playing camp screechy punk songs and starting playing single note kraut-rock style. At the time I hated that move, but it hath grown on me. This band are from Brighton and fit in well with bands like Cold Pumas, and play a similar style, and probably pals, but in a way I hope they are total rivals and hate each other. That would be a lot funnier. Maybe they could have a wonky sounding guitar battle or something. Or who can put the most echo on their vocal competition.
You know how this goes, repetitive riffing, echo soaked vocals, then fuzzy riffs laid on top, solid punchy drums, feedback, and Jon Spencer yelps. You can't go wrong with it.
Two standout songs are "Floating Omen" and "The Black Thigh", the latter sounding like they have stolen the music from an old Nintendo game like that band on 5 Rue Christine, The Advantage, I think they are called. In-fact a couple of songs remind me of that band.
I like it a lot.
Reviewed by Ted Reynolds on Jan 15, 2013
- Irish News Gig Guide Features Our Krypton Son And Little Bear April 23, 2014
- Sunday World Features Sullivan & Gold For Caffe Nero Tour April 23, 2014
- Irish News Features Smalltown America And Caffe Nero Mini Tour April 23, 2014
- Coleraine Times Features Smalltown America And Caffe Nero Tour April 23, 2014
- Roe Valley Sentinel Features Smalltown America Nero Tour April 23, 2014
- 4 Or 5 Magicians
- Alan MX
- An Emergency
- And So I Watch You From Afar
- Axis Of
- Clone Quartet
- Crooked Mountain, Crooked Sea
- Die! Die! Die!
- Fickle Public
- Fighting With Wire
- Hooray For Humans
- Jetplane Landing
- Let Our Enemies Beware
- Little Bear
- The Moi Non Plus
- More Than Conquerors
- Negative Pegasus
- Our Krypton Son
- Public Service Broadcast
- Sullivan And Gold
- This Town Needs Guns
- Various Artists
- We Versus The Shark
- The Young Playthings